We’re delighted to announce the safe return of our popular Gelato 101 seminars this autumn. The fun and tasty classes are seasonally themed and are designed for “cone-noisseurs” and beginners alike, no experience needed.
Great for girls night or date night, students will discover the sweet science of making gelato and sorbetto in the classic Italian method. Our classes will be held October 13 to the end of March, Wednesday and Thursday evenings, 7pm to 8:30pm. Led by Maestro Andrés Bermudez, sessions are limited to 6 people and are at our Kitsilano shop, 2579 W. Broadway in Vancouver.
Priced $70 per person (plus taxes), it includes 10 gelato/sorbetto samples, a cone or cup of choice during the visit, along with a pint each of the gelato and sorbetto made that evening to take home. Private group classes are also available for booking. Students are required to show their Covid-19 vaccine passport and must wear masks.
“We’re thrilled to safely restart our popular Gelato 101 classes for the fall/winter season. Participants love the hands on experiential aspect of the class and I think will really enjoy the creatively delicious new gelato and sorbetto flavours we have planned,” said Andrés Bermudez, Maestro, Uno Gelato.
Our new seasonal themes* in class this year are:
- October – Pumpkin Cheesecake gelato / Mojito sorbetto
- November – Chocolate Grand Marnier gelato / Creamsicle sorbetto
- December – Zabaione gelato / Midnight Chocolate sorbetto
- January – Earl Grey Tea & Lavender gelato / Coconut sorbetto
- February – Blueberry yogurt swirl gelato / Blood Orange sorbetto
- March – Mango Chocolate Chili gelato / Mango Tango sorbetto
* (Sorbetto seasonal themes are subject to change based on fruit availability.)